These courses are designed for physicians and allied health professionals. They will cover the applications of imaging techniques in the diagnosis of diseases of the brain, spine, musculoskeletal system and body. Lectures will emphasize image interpretation, differential diagnosis, a review of disease processes and new imaging techniques. Some interventional techniques will also be addressed.
At the conclusion of each course the participants should be able to:
- Describe the applications of modern imaging to solving clinical questions in the work-up of patients with many central nervous system, musculoskeletal, spine and abdominal-pelvic diseases
- Assess both the advantages and limitations of modern techniques
- Identify alternative imaging choices
- Develop differential diagnoses based on imaging and disease
- Demonstrate how to apply modern imaging to the performance of spine interventional procedures in radiology practice to alleviate spinal pain, treatment of osteoporotic and malignant fractures, biopsy, spinal lesions and treat vascular abnormalities of the spine
Follow UC San Diego CME on
UC San Diego School of Medicine, Continuing Medical Education
2251 San Diego Ave., A-160 San Diego, CA 92110-2981
Phone: (619) 543-7602 • Toll-Free: (888) 229-6263 • Fax: (619) 543-7610
E-mail: email@example.com • Website: cme.ucsd.edu
Content is subject to change without notice. Please refer to the activity website for the most current information.
Official Web Site of the University of California, San Diego. Copyright ©2013 Regents of the University of California. All rights reserved.