UC San Diego Continuing Medical Education (CME) is committed to creating a healthy and sustainable environment.
Our “green CME” initiative pursues and utilizes practices that will use less energy and natural resources. Use none, use less and reuse is our philosophy.
By offering and utilizing “green” alternatives, we help to protect our natural resources.
Some of the current ecological practices that we have in place are as follows:
- Using USB key drives to hold paper-intensive educational materials such as syllabi and abstract books
- Creating websites and e-mail blasts in place of printing brochures or postcards
- Using postcards to drive business to a website instead of producing brochures
- When a brochure is necessary, we print using soy-based inks, print on paper that contains recycled or post-consumer waste (PCW) and purchase paper that is ethically managed
- Reusing signage, if possible, from year to year
- Encouraging the recycling of name badge holders, lanyards and writing utensils after a meeting has adjourned
- Using recycled copy and printer paper
UC San Diego CME encourages you to support our “green CME” movement by taking advantage of our responsible and eco-friendly practices and resources. We also welcome all suggestions and ideas that you have regarding new or alternative ways in which we can embrace the “green” movement.
For more information on UC San Diego’s campus-wide sustainability initiative, visit UC San Diego Sustainability 2.0.
Please feel free to contact us at email@example.com or (858) 534-3940 to offer suggestions, insight or partnership ideas.
Additional eco-conscious resources:
UC San Diego’s Green Campus Program
Green Campus works to integrate sustainability into course curricula, build general campus awareness about environmental issues and implement projects targeting energy use, student involvement and operational changes.
UC San Diego Sustainability Solutions Institute
The UC San Diego Sustainability Solutions Institute turns knowledge and technology into solutions. Created by Chancellor Fox in January 2009, building on recent cross-campus initiatives and long-standing academic and research programs, SSI serves to acquire resources and organize projects to address sustainability challenges.
The California Center for Sustainable Energy
The California Center for Sustainable Energy ( CCSE) is an independent, nonprofit 501(c)(3) corporation that helps residents, businesses and public agencies save energy, reduce grid demand and generate their own power through a variety of rebate, technical assistance and education programs. CCSE also provides the community with objective information, research, analysis and long-term planning on energy issues and technologies.
The San Diego Regional Sustainability Partnership
The San Diego Regional Sustainability Partnership is the largest volunteer-based consortium of business, government, academic & community organizations leading & promoting practices that support a sustainable future for the San Diego region.
A wonderful website with tips and resources for eco-friendly practices. Founded by our eco-conscious printing partner, L&L Printers.