Topics & Advances in Internal Medicine is a 2-day educational initiative in internal medicine. This conference will allow internal medicine clinicians to become comfortable and proficient with the most recent guidelines and recommendations and the latest clinical trial results presented by local authorities in select fields – nephrology, gastroenterology and rheumatology - within internal medicine. Presentations, lectures, case studies and open Q&A sessions will be presented by leading experts in the field. Attendees will be privy to the latest information, emerging and evolving diagnostic and treatment strategies and how to incorporate these into quality patient care.
The UC San Diego Medical Center is recognized as a leading institution in patient care, and is one of the top teaching hospitals in the country. This conference, taught by leaders in the field, will improve knowledge and proficiency on a variety of topics pertinent to daily clinical practice. By providing the most up-to-date information in multiple areas, participants will be armed with improved knowledge and awareness of best practices and evidence-based medicine.
This conference is specifically designed to provide in-depth knowledge for primary care and internal medicine physicians, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, nurses and other interested healthcare professionals.
Upon completion of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Incorporate the most recent guidelines for colorectal cancer screening
- Recognize and treat acid reflux and inflammatory bowel disease
- Discuss the role of fecal transplant in bowel disease
- Describe the complications of cirrhosis
- Recognize and discuss the role of liver transplant
- Discuss the advances in therapy for viral hepatitis
- Identify the progression of kidney failure in patients with chronic kidney disease
- Discuss therapeutic options for patients with end stage kidney disease
- Recognize and manage the complications of post-transplant medications
- Discuss the manifestations and diagnosis of a newly recognized entity – IgG4-related disease
- Incorporate the newest therapies for the treatment of gout
- Discuss the risks and benefits of the newest biologic therapies for rheumatologic diseases
Follow UC San Diego CME on
UC San Diego School of Medicine, Continuing Medical Education • 2251 San Diego Ave., A-160 San Diego, CA 92110-2981
Phone: (858) 534-3940 • Toll-Free: (888) 229-6263 • Fax: (858) 534-1896 • E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org • Website: cme.ucsd.edu
Content is subject to change without notice. Please refer to the activity website for the most current information.
Official website of the University of California, San Diego. Copyright ©2014 Regents of the University of California. All rights reserved.